new G4 dual 1 gig is here - how to install?

Ani Joshi ajoshi at shell.unixbox.com
Thu Feb 14 14:53:07 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:

> 2.  The bad news is that my ATI 7500 with my flat panel display simply
> goes black so I can't tell exactly what is detected or not.

You will need to check if the OpenFirmware pll probing code I use in
radeonfb works on 7500.  Look in the device-tree node and see what the
reference clock is.  If you look in radeon_get_pllinfo() you can see the
OF probe code there.  IIRC on x86 7500 boards, the xclk is ~ 22000, the
ref div is 12 and reference clock is 2700 i belive.  The 7500 is supported
on x86 btw.

If you can log in and get a bootlog that would be helpful.

ani