new G4 dual 1 gig is here - how to install?

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Feb 13 13:25:01 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 08:08:57PM -0500, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:

> When I select it I immediately get the prompt for linux, mac, or cdrom
> boot but as soon as I hit l for linux it recycles.

Have you tried dropping to OF by hand and booting yaboot directly?  Or
even doing a 'make zImage' and trying to boot
arch/ppc/boot/images/vmlinux.elf-pmac right out of OF?  There's always a
chance the script is 'wrong' in the new box and is trying to boot
something that isn't there.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/