some questions on new dual 1Gig G4's support?

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 3 07:21:48 EST 2002

Hi Ben,

Thanks!  I see you have hit the big time!  The /. inerview article was
great!  Now I can say I actually know someone famous!  ;-)

One last question:

The 7455 errata basically says to disable the L2 hardware prefetch engine
(MSSCR0[L2PFE] = 0 when disabling the L1 data cache.

It goes on to say that the L1 data cache may be disabled during cache
flushing on some systems or be disabled upon startup.

Do we disable L1 cache's during cache flushing?  If so were should I be
looking for this code to get the workaround in place?

Thanks,

Kevin