9600 maturity?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Tue Apr 16 15:59:09 EST 2002

'Morning,

On  15 Apr, this message from Benjamin Herrenschmidt echoed through cyberspace:
>>No, 2.4 kernels should have solid PCI even in the presence of multiple
>>host bridges (which was the problem on the dual-bandit 9x00). The only
>>potentially remaining problem could be access to IO space on the second
>>bus. Ben, can you comment?
>
> I can't. I would love having someone try this in details and tell me ;)
>
> I suspect the second bandit can only produce "high" IO addresses (thus
> precenting use of legacy stuff).

But is there something in place now in the PCI code to handle the IO
space of multiple host bridges now? When I was working on the chaos PCI
code, you had plans to implement that part...

IIRC, you wanted to move both IO spaces into a continous segment and
provide some way to find the ber-bus base of IO space...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |