EV-64260-BP & GT64260 bi_recs

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Apr 3 10:21:54 EST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 04:02:56PM -0500, Dan Malek wrote:
> Tom Rini wrote:
>
> >It was probably me.
>
> Heh.....I'm just having some fun :-).

Ya, I figured :)

> I also know the reason
> you probably changed it was to either make munuconfig or
> something work, or had plans for CML-2.  I think some of the
> confusing stuff we have for configuration is due to the tools
> themselves, and that sometimes is reflected in the way the
> code (#define and #ifdef) is written.

Yes, there are some neat things which might be less feasible, or at
least less of a good idea due to the current tools.

> >...  One thing I want to do in the 2.5 tree is make
> >arch/ppc/platforms/{8xx,4xx}.in and source those from
> >arch/ppc/config.in,
>
> I know that would help.  What happened to CML-2?

I have a feeling that ESR stopped announcing releases of it on l-k since
it wasn't adopted yet, and Linus has decided to fix more important
things than the config system (and ESR refuses to try and transition
from CML1 to CML2 in a manner that can be easily verified to be correct
or stop trying to tackle the Aunt Tillie problem at the same time).

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/