More problems with Kernel 2.4.10-pre12 and mounting

patrick tendim at vex.net
Tue Sep 25 07:39:59 EST 2001

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:

> well sounds to me like your scsi driver is hosed then.

Well if the SCSI driver is hosed, then shouldn't I *not* be able to do
anything else then?  My setup is as follows:

SCSI0 - Adaptec 2940 UW Card   /dev/sda
SCSI1 - Mesh Internal SCSI     /dev/sdb

And all of the drivers have been compiled into the kernel (no modules).

> well if badblocks has no problem reading the entire device why should
> anything else.  this clearly has nothing to do with partition table
> support.

Then that leaves it to the program I'm using to read the partition map.
I've seen you reference "mac-fdisk".  Is this the same as pdisk?  Or
is an entirely different beast?

Perhaps it is pdisk that doesn't like the new kernel.

patrick at tendim.cjb.net
http://www.tendim.cjb.net/
Like anime?   Got hotline?
hotline://twoaday.cjb.net/