[Question] I want to use CSCOPE to port Linux kernel.

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 00:32:00 EST 2001

> I have already libncurses.so.5.2
>
> So I tried as below, but I had the same result.
> # ln -s libncurses.so.5.2 libncurses.so.4
> # rpm -ivh cscope-15.3-1.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libncurses.so.4 is needed by cscope-15.3-1

	Hi there.  RPM's dependancies are based on its database, and not on the actual
filesystem.  So the 'ln' wouldn't make any difference in this case.  Try this:

# rpm -ivh --nodeps cscope-15.3-1.i386.rpm

	That bypasses RPM's opinion of what is and should be installed, so you might
always have to remember that as a one-off.

=====
Medium System Administrator and Junior I.T. Manager of 5 yrs
 -- Now available -- Linux, MacOS, Unix-like systems
    -- http://mmmgood.net -- dan_bethe at yahoo.com