egcs vs gcc-2.95.x

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Sep 7 04:26:13 EST 2001

Hello all.  I happened to be skimming asm/byteorder.h for some reason, and
noticed that we have ___arch__swab16/___arch__swab32 written, but #if 0'ed
because of an egcs bug.  A bit of grep'ing showed that set_bit (asm/bitops.h)
used to be #if 0'ed because of another egcs bug but isn't now.  So the
question is, is anyone still using egcs to compile a kernel?  If, so
what version (1.0.x or 1.1.x) and does anyone remember what version of
egcs produced the bug?

If nothing else, perhaps in 2.5 this should go away..

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/