GeForce on PPC == _no work_

Ani Joshi ajoshi at shell.unixbox.com
Tue Oct 30 04:44:36 EST 2001

On 29 Oct 2001, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> I don't see the point of begging them for support though if there are
> other companies who already support us.

So all the people with GeForce's in macs should have to buy ATI cards?
That is a subpar solution, and ridiculous in my mind.

> Someone (Bastien Nocera IIRC) asked nVidia at a show if they planned to
> release their drivers for PPC in the future, and they said no. Not even
> maybe...

That means nothing.  It doesn't mean they will not help us get things
going on macs.  I have a few contacts at nVidia and they have helped  a
LOT recently with the support so far, so if they didn't care at all then
we wouldnt be as far as we are now.

Just because it isn't working today, doesn't mean it won't work tomorrow.
ATI never helped before, and after R128 they decided to really help, is
that to say we should have given up after mach64?

> --
> Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
> XFree86 and DRI project member   /  CS student, Free Software enthusiast

ani