[ANN] yaboot-1.3.4 released
erbenson at alaska.net
Sun Oct 14 17:51:28 EST 2001
I have released yaboot 1.3.4.
It is available at:
The main interesting change is the addition of SGI XFS filesystem
This version also fixes several bugs in regards to file loading, and
Here is the complete changelog for this version:
* Version 1.3.4
* ybin: Correct a verbosity message.
- Add SGI XFS filesystem support.
- Rewrite OpenFirmware device path parsing code. This fixes
many bugs and inconsistencies in yaboot's file loading.
- Fix OpenFirmware filesystem support to automatically convert
path separator from / to \. CDROM authors no longer need to use
kludges like image=\\install\\powermac\\vmlinux.
- Fix kernel loading on some systems.
- Allow for getting files from tftp server that does not run a
- Fix netboot when using the `n' key.
- Fix a great deal of incorrect format strings which could cause
- Fix all filesystems to properly return error conditions, and
report those error conditions (instead of just saying `image not
- Make configuration file open error consistent with other file
- Add `help' command to yaboot which prints out basic usage information.
- Add non-fatal warning when bootstrap partition has wrong type (pmac only).
- Minor code rearrangement.
- General cruft removal and code cleanup.
* Makefile cleanup, make filesystems configurable.
** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/
More information about the Linuxppc-dev