kernel linking segfaults??

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Oct 13 09:22:01 EST 2001

>Now that Ben fixed the serial console problem, I've tried again to
>compile recent 2.4 kernels (2.4.12-benh0 that is) on my venerable 7600.

rsync again.

I inadvertently left pte_young() macro definition commented out
in my copy of pgtable.h (I was checking nobody was using it).

The latest pull from _devel actually added some code that use
it. Strangely, instead of giving a link error, it causes ld to
just segfault ! So it's a source bug triggering an ld bug ;)

I fixed the kernel, the ld bug no longer manifest itself.

Ben.