Patch to kernel to make long names work on big-endian systems with VFAT

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Thu Oct 11 12:10:25 EST 2001

Figured I'd send this to Ben and the LinuxPPC devel list, because I think
everyone will want to see this. I figured out the mods to make in the vfat
FS driver to reorder the (little-endian) wide-character data for the long
name entries so that big-endian systems (like PowerPC) can read and write
VFAT filesystems correctly - finally, no more filenames like

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates at dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN