still no luck with Radeon or Adaptec SCSI controller in 2.4.X

Kevin B. Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Mon Oct 8 11:44:13 EST 2001

Hi,

> You have to have the new driver off or as a module.

Aha!  Thanks, I should have thought of that.  I recompiled with the old
AIC-7XXX driver and now SCSI works like a charm!  No more wierd aborts.

The new driver and my setup just don't get along.

So with that fixed, I tried to get the network working but ran into
trouble.

- I missed loading the ipchains module since I was running ipchains on
2.2.19

- I missed the fact that my two ethernet cards are now recognized in
reverse order (eth1 is the internal BMAC+ when it was eth0 previously).

This of-course messed up all my ipchains and masquerading.

Arrghhh!  Anyway it is working now!

Thanks,

Kevin