Please make K2 Linux bootable without PeeMON again

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Nov 28 07:58:26 EST 2001

Tom Rini <trini at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> Right.  I think I confused you somewhere along the line.  I want the
> kernel to be told the bi_recs are <someplace>.  I just want to get what
> people think would be a good rule-of-thumb <someplace>.  I take it you
> belive 8mb and change is a good rule-of-thumb location, yes?

Yes.

Now the question is how to pass the pointer to bi_recs to the kernel. I propose
a physical address in R3, as this is the most obvious way and there is
precedent for it already (I even seem to recall that someone else other than me
is already doing this).

MS