Please make K2 Linux bootable without PeeMON again

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Nov 28 07:50:58 EST 2001

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 12:40:45PM -0800, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Tom Rini <trini at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> > I've been thinking, and one of two things could happen, at least in the
> > wrapper, we know mem size (Firmware, res data, magic).  Or assume
> > there's at least XX megs of ram on the system (I _think_ 16mb is the
> > 'normal' min, but of course we have lots of systems breaking that rule).
> >
> > What I'd like to see, and at least I think would be a good thing to
> > figure out is a general 'safe' location to store these in.
>
> Again, all this strikes me as unnecessary trouble. Just have the bootloader
> tell the kernel where the bi_recs are!

Right.  I think I confused you somewhere along the line.  I want the
kernel to be told the bi_recs are <someplace>.  I just want to get what
people think would be a good rule-of-thumb <someplace>.  I take it you
belive 8mb and change is a good rule-of-thumb location, yes?

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/