xfree86/fbdevhw not sending right mode to radeonfb.c

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Nov 25 05:04:16 EST 2001

>> That is only part of the problem, the other is that if you change the
>> depth from what is used by the frame buffer it does mess up as others have
>> reported.
>
>I believe Ben's work on radeonfb should fix this.
>
>We were talking about different resolutions, which probably breaks due
>to the fbdev driver.

Well, radeonfb has a nasty bug in switch() that could make it lose
track of what console is current if you change only the depth. I
fixed that along with a few other things, it should be in my rsync
tree now (you might need some time for mirrors to be up to date
on rsync.penguinppc.org). It also does 5:5:5 now (for MOL).

Ben.