[ANN] yaboot 1.3.6pre1
erbenson at alaska.net
Thu Nov 22 20:30:12 EST 2001
yaboot 1.3.6pre1 is available for testing at:
This version should now again work properly on IBM CHRP hardware, but
I would like it tested on both IBM CHRP and pmac to ensure both still
IBM CHRP testing is especially wanted since I do /not/ have access to
Note that you must use ybin to install yaboot on IBM CHRP, if you
don't you must run addnote on the yaboot binary yourself, addnote is
installed at /usr/lib/yaboot/addnote. Using ybin is highly recommended.
- The "IBM needs to test prereleases" release.
- New IGNORE^H^H^H^H^H^HREADME, thanks to Chris Tillman for
cleaning up the pile of cruft that this thing was.
- (ybin) Automatically use fstype=raw on IBM CHRP, it no longer needs
to be explicitly set in /etc/yaboot.conf.
- Deprecate ybin's yaboot.conf auto-generation, use yabootconfig
- Fix device path parsing to support devices containing a comma,
but not including a filename.
- Fix IBM CHRP support.
- Add support for zImage.initrd (Peter Bergner).
** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/
More information about the Linuxppc-dev