AGP : ATI128,powerpc

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Nov 16 01:45:02 EST 2001

>PPC machine : TiBook (Powerbook Titanium)
>ATY : aty128fb: Rage Mobility M3 (AGP) [chip rev 0x0] 8M 128-bit SDR
>SGRAM (1:1)
>
>Is it possible to add in the flush_cache function a
>"defined(__powerpc__)"  like alpha, sparc ..or i386 .. ?
>
>When the function flush_cache in the file "agpgart_be.c" ll be updated
>in the offical kernel for ppc cpu ?

It's more than flush cache that is needed ;) flush_cache alone will
eventually allow AGP to compile, not to work.

Get my current rsync tree from rsync.penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh,
it has complete support for UniNorth AGP on r128. (the M3 you have in
your Pismo is an r128). Beware however that accelerated GL via DRI
is known to crash with this chip for reasons not yet determined.

I've sent my current patches to the DRI mailing list, I can't say
yet when all this will appear upstream as some merging has to be
done with other archs using the "special" agp_ioremap. I will submit
the AGP part of the patch directly to linus/marcello once I'm in sync
with DRI people, there's no need to send it until something can use it ;)

Ben.