running hot ! [was:Re: AGP : ATI128,powerpc]

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Thu Nov 15 23:16:55 EST 2001

hello *

thanks to your hints, i was able to speed up my x performance by
switching to the ati x server.
scrolling is now what god intended it to be.

i have also compiled the latest benh kernel with agp and ati
support.
all runs fine, although i have not yet been able to run 3d stuff,
probably a missing x module.

one peculiar thing: the trackpad button of my pismo gets quite hot,
which it did not do before.
it's not too extreme, but the difference to my old setup
(xfree3.3.6, framebuffer xserver, old kernel w/o agp and ati
support) where the button used to be totally cold is remarkable.

has anyone seen that, too ?

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany