DFP support for kernel radeonfb.c added

Daniel Berlin dan at cgsoftware.com
Thu Nov 15 17:04:48 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:

> Anyway, please give it a try.  I will send followup patches with other
> fixes and additions I make to improve things but this should be enough to
> get people working until the i2c stuff gets going.
>
> So Daniel, if you get a chance, please try this.  If it works, then we
> have broken nothing for you and we can then decide if you want to move to
> the more general case of using EDID info.  If it does not work, please let
> me know asap so I can back out my changes in groups until we identify what
> is going wrong here.

It works, but if i don't set the refdiv to 67 (like we do for the QD), i
get what looks like a very slow refresh rate (IE when you move the mouse
in X or cause a lot of screen updates on the console, you can see it's
going slower than it should).
I'll reboot a few times to verify this is indeed the cause.