AGP : ATI128,powerpc

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Thu Nov 15 05:11:22 EST 2001

J”rn Nettingsmeier writes:

> i've been using ben's tree for a powerbook for quite some time, and
> i used to see the same error, so i disabled agp and dri.
>
> has this been fixed lately ?
> i'm desperate for faster video. 2d performance under x is pathetic,
> and scrolling is a major pita.

Getting reasonable 2D performance for things like scrolling doesn't
need DRI and/or AGP, you just need an X server that knows how to drive
the rage 128 chip.  I'm using XFree86 4.1.0 (from debian unstable) on
my Ti powerbook and it works just fine.  I can send you my
XF86Config-4 if you like (you would need to tweak it a little for a
pismo) or you could ask Ben Herrenschmidt for the config he uses on
his pismo.

Paul.