ieee1394 status

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat May 5 23:50:08 EST 2001

>You can say whether you want the following swapped  or not (in any
>combination, they are just flags)
>
>1. selfid handling
>2. reading
>3. writing
>

>Pismo needs 2 and 3 to work right.
>Other OHCI on PPC (TI) need 1, 2, and 3.
>Your titanium probably needs 2 and 3, since i believe it's based on the
>uninorth, just a newer revision, right?

The titanium is the same logic board as the Pismo (well, almost). The
last TiPb I had a chance to play with had the exact same UniNorth revision
as the Pismo.

When you say you need byteswap on read & write, is this for data packets
read/written to/from memory (DMA) or is this for datas you feed to
(read from) a FIFO ? Just curious...

>It'll be on the 1394 list in about 10 minutes.

Is it against the 1394 CVS or will the current 2.4.4 1394 code work fine
with your patch as well ? In that later case, I'll include your patch in my
kernels.

Ben.