Sound stoppage: TRIAL code to re-start DEAD dma

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Mar 28 22:10:49 EST 2001

>Nope it doesn't restart the frame, thats why we need to either reload it
>and return or continue as if it played correctly.
>
>I was wondering again today why we get the DEAD status in the powercomputing
>machines everything was working fine until 2.2.9/10 (there were no changes
>in dmasound at that point) so some other change is causing this i can't
>imagine anything though :(

Can this be the time when we added proper support for IDE M/DMA mode ?

Previously, our driver could do DMA, but couldn't configure the disk DMA
mode, leaving it in whatever state the firmware/MacOS set it up. Around
2.2.x (early, I don't remember when exactly), we added some code to
configure the timings properly.

Ben.