powermac (other ppc?) events

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 08:36:21 EST 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001, Joseph P. Garcia wrote:
>[snip]
> - we also have other events we may consider to add, such as headphone
> insert,

this *should properly* be handled by the dmasound driver - it needs to
understand the sound hardware (and on some models shares interrupts with
other sound stuff)

- I just didn't get round to implementing it yet :-(

---

apart from that - as far as sound-related stuff is concerned (e.g. volume
key-presses) - my only care is that controls appear to dmasound through the
ioctl() interface already defined ... to avoid a maintenance nightmare. ...

ciao,
Iain.