IBM Microdrive PCCard on TiBook (ide-cs module)

Ira Weiny iweiny at acm.org
Wed Jul 11 17:34:02 EST 2001

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> I think the problem has more to do with disabling the interrupt at
> the proper place in the IDE layer, I can try to find that discussion
> on linux-kernel to see if they came up with a solution, the problem
> seem to happen on x86 as well.

Thanks to Ben and David Blythe for your responses.  Indeed I think you
are correct.  Unfortunatly I found a patch posted by Gunther Mayer on
the Linux-kernel mailing list which does not seem to fix things either.
His patch looks like it does what David described; disabling interrupts
and then reenabling them in init_irq...  But it does not work...  ;-(

At this point the only thing I can think of is that the device is not
responding to the interrupt disable?  Or I have missed something with
the patch.  David, you would not happen to be able to send me a patch or
your entire ide tree?

Oh well I just thought I would thank you guys for leading me the correct
way.

Thanks again,
Ira Weiny
iweiny at acm.org