IBM Microdrive PCCard on TiBook (ide-cs module)

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Sun Jul 8 16:55:22 EST 2001

On   6 Jul, this message from Ira Weiny echoed through cyberspace:
> 3) I have found that the io_base addresses is 0x1000 (as set in my
> config.opts file) and this is what is passed to the ide_register
> function.  Changing this address does not seem to change it's behavior
> though.  (??)

Here's what I have in config.opts on my TiBook:

include port 0x1000-0x10ff, port 0x1400-0x14ff
include memory 0x80400000-0x807ff000, memory 0xf3000000-0xf33ff000

This seems to work well; a modem card gets ports at 0x1000 and dos work
OK...

Note however that IDE on PowerMacs is a bit of a mess; things like you
need PowerMac built-in IDE support compiled in to get an IDE add-on
board working even though the box in questions doesn't have any built-in
IDE...

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |