Graphics corruption with XF

Josh Huber huber at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Jan 31 02:45:26 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 02:03:36AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Josh Huber wrote:
>
> > X reports that it could only find 1 MB of video memory, when I'm
> > pretty sure it's got 4 MB.  This of course severly limits my
> > depth/resolution, and when paired with the rage 128 I'm currently
> > using it's a little lacking.. :)
>
> man XF86Config, look for VideoRam.

Yes, even with this option I get 1MB of SGRAM used, which severly
limits my choices for resolutions.

> Anyone who has must have fixed the ati driver ;)
>
> I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to fix looking at the r128 or glint
> drivers.

heh, if only I had the time to look at this...

> Oh, BTW - have you tried Ani's rsync tree?

I haven't.  I'm in the process of downloading as I type this,
however...so we'll see how that goes.

--
Josh Huber
1024D/6B21489A 61F0 6138 BE7B FEBF A223  E9D1 BFE1 2065 6B21 489A