mesh SCSI bus locks hard on 7500 when burning a CD-R in dao mode

Daniel Eisenbud eisenbud at cs.swarthmore.edu
Sun Jan 28 08:38:53 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 02:23:46AM +0000, Iain Sandoe <iain at sandoe.co.uk> wrote:
> > You might be able to use xmon as well - I've never tried hard enough to
> > understand xmon.
>
> under 2.4.x xmon isn't too difficult - it's saved my bacon a few times.

I can boot a 2.4.x kernel for this purpose.

> basic instructions:
>
> go to arch/ppc/xmon and edit start.c to enable output to both bootx screen &
> the console (and a serial port as well if you like).  It's kinda grape-shot
> - but if there's any form of oops you will probably see it this way.

I use quik, not bootx (though I could switch for debugging purposes.)
Do I just change the "console = 0" to "console = 1" to get it to work on
my console (I assume that you don't mean the serial console here, but
indeed my screen?)  Or do I need to to something else to the file that
I'm not seeing?

-Daniel

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud