mesh SCSI bus locks hard on 7500 when burning a CD-R in dao mode

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Sat Jan 27 13:23:46 EST 2001

> You might be able to use xmon as well - I've never tried hard enough to
> understand xmon.

under 2.4.x xmon isn't too difficult - it's saved my bacon a few times.

under 2.2.x it depends on what adb hardware you have (via-cuda didn't work -
but I hacked 2.2.17 to get it going - don't suppose it would be too
difficult to move that hack to 2.2.18).  I posted a patch for via-cuda &
xmon sometime last year (can drag 'em out if you like).

----
basic instructions:

go to arch/ppc/xmon and edit start.c to enable output to both bootx screen &
the console (and a serial port as well if you like).  It's kinda grape-shot
- but if there's any form of oops you will probably see it this way.

You have to do a little hack to get output on bootx screen & console
simultaneously.  I can post a patch if it's tricky.

----

I keep wondering if it's worth asking Paulus to consider making the
different xmon output options CONFIG_XXXX instead of a file edit.  It gets
tedious if you pull every other day.

hth,
Iain.