planb in BK tree..

James Brown jbrown at qmm.com.au
Wed Jan 24 17:49:50 EST 2001

>Hi there,
>
>Sorry for replying late, but I'm still wading through a 400-message
>backlog...

Yes, I know the feeling well :)

>> Any chance of getting the planb driver in the current 2_4 bitkeeper tree
>> patched with the 2.4 fix for it? :)
>I'll get back to work on PlanB somewhere in late February, hopefully.
>Feel free to post a working diff, if you have one. Where did you get the
>original patches from?

Basically I manually applied the
http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/ftp/planb-2.4.0-t6-patch patch against the current
BK tree at the time. That seemed to fix the issues I was having with 2.4.0
crashing on boot (couldn't find the PlanB device, but was giving me the
previous, cryptic, error message).

I can probably whip up a diff later, but that'd involve me finding some
spare time of my own *grin*.

> I spent most of last night manually patching the thing (for some reason a
> few chunks failed, and I had nothing else to do) - After applying that my
> whole setup works great, except for a few things I think are caused by
> package version messups.

What version messups would that be?

Turned out to be a few endian issues with other drivers (consolefb doesn't
like having VGA Console turned on).