context overflow

Frank Rowand frank_rowand at mvista.com
Tue Jan 23 13:12:02 EST 2001

Dan Malek wrote:

> Frank Rowand wrote:
>
> > ....The only "context_overflow" I
> > find is mmu_context_overflow() in arch/ppc/mm/init.c.  You obviously
> > aren't talking about the 8xx version of this function.
>
> That's the one.  As part of the 4xx merge I made the 8xx work as
> well, so there is now only this one function for all PowerPC ports.
>
> > This is the code we are talking about, correct?  The reason I'm
> > confused is that I was being literal in my reading of "current->mm"
> > as opposed to "tsk->mm".
>
> The code you posted looks pretty old.  This function has more guts
> to it now, including a 'set_context' of 'current->mm', the source
> of the bug we are discussing.
>
>         -- Dan

Thanks!  I'm back on the right page now...

The code I posted was from a pull of linuxppc_2_5 as of last night.  I
was just a little confused because I didn't see any "if (current->mm != NULL)"
in it.  The problem was that it was gone already.

However, as of last night there is still an 8xx version (paraphrasing quite
a bit):

#ifndef CONFIG_PPC_CPU_PPC_8xx
local_flush_tlb_all()
{