context overflow

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Tue Jan 23 12:20:03 EST 2001

Frank Rowand wrote:

> ....The only "context_overflow" I
> find is mmu_context_overflow() in arch/ppc/mm/init.c.  You obviously
> aren't talking about the 8xx version of this function.

That's the one.  As part of the 4xx merge I made the 8xx work as
well, so there is now only this one function for all PowerPC ports.

> This is the code we are talking about, correct?  The reason I'm
> confused is that I was being literal in my reading of "current->mm"
> as opposed to "tsk->mm".

The code you posted looks pretty old.  This function has more guts
to it now, including a 'set_context' of 'current->mm', the source
of the bug we are discussing.

	-- Dan