status of ppc support in official 2.4.0 or Alan's 2.4.0-ac1

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 10:45:33 EST 2001

On Tue, Jan 9, 2001,  Derek Homeier  wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Iain Sandoe wrote:
>> For now, I suggest that (unless you desperately need it), - you disable the
>> OSS stuff in your .config.

> O.K., did that (I did not have ALSA enabled in the first place), and didn't
> see the errors again. Nonetheless, xmms is still erring on the Bus
> (i.e. crashes as soon it is started).

OK.  I'm getting back up to steam - just sorting out the bk stuff :-/

You might trawl the list for xmms comments - I believe that there were
issues that others resolved.  Which version of xmms?

any way of you telling me where xmms is trashing in the dmaosund driver?

- there were a couple of fixes I did in the back-port that might not be in
the 2.4.0 version - I'll try and post those RSN.

(AFAIK ksymoops is still broken for ppc)...

Iain.