Repost: Cannot remove directory `xpti.dat': Operation not permitted

Erik van Roode linuxppc at cthulhu.demon.nl
Sat Feb 17 03:53:43 EST 2001

At 11:04 AM 2/16/01 +0100, Mats Soderstrom wrote:

> [...]

The permissions on the xpti.dat directory are irrelevent. It is the permissions
of the directory in which xpti.dat is located that determine whether you are
allowed to delete it. Make sure the permissions of the enclosing directory
include
w permissions. Then ofcourse, with the current permissions of xpti.dat, you are
not allowed to remove anything in it. Use chmod to add w permissions.

Erik