about automated emails from ppclinux at sourceforge.net

Takashi Oe toe at unlserve.unl.edu
Sun Feb 11 07:47:41 EST 2001

Hi,

I was wondering if you or somebody responsible for the sourceforge site
could reconsider about how "bug" reports and whatnot are fed to
linuxppc-dev mailing list.

I would much rather prefer if the person who actually submitted the bug
report to (or changed the status at) the sourceforge site would CC this
list in person.

The autofeed does not show how we may possibly inquire further on the
report itself.  For example, the last report about parted requiring reboot
or something seemed like more of a generic Linux issue or just that the
app is broken, and I may perhaps want to ask for details.  Then, who
should I send the question to?  [Ok, I can find your email address and
others' if I work at it, but that's not my point.]

If anything, is it possible to stop the autofeed now and instead to
encourage whoever uses the site to CC their words to linuxppc-dev?

Regards,

Takashi Oe