context overflow

Cort Dougan cort at fsmlabs.com
Fri Feb 9 10:48:39 EST 2001

} The page table abstraction is only used for user space vm management. The
} important point is: it's only an abstraction as far as it concerns the
} general vm code. What happens underneath is a complete different story and
} the general code should provide enough hooks to allow the implementation
} to do whatever it wishes. If something is missing it can certainly be
} added, but always remember not to mix abstraction with implementation.
}
} Anyway, an idea to improve current context handling: define another bit
} _PAGE_HASHED for the pte. If it's set, it points to the hash table entry,
} otherwise it's a normal linux pte entry. That makes pte handling a bit
} more complicated, but if we can dump the current tlb/context handling, it
} should be really worth it.

I disagree.  I think the overhead would slow it down quite a bit.  That
being said, implement it and prove me wrong.  I'll merge it in.