Accessing global symbols from shared library

Tim Moloney moloney at mrsl.com
Thu Feb 8 06:16:35 EST 2001

I am currently trying to port a Solaris application to Linux.  The
Solaris application dynamically loads custom shared libraries which
can access symbols in the main executable.  This is not a clean
design, but it works.  From what I've seen so far, the Linux
runtime loader does not allow a shared library to access symbols in
the main executable.

If someone knows of a linker switch or something that allows shared
libraries to access global symbols, please let me know.

Tim Moloney

ManTech Real-time Systems Laboratory
2015 Cattlemen Road
Sarasota, FL  34232