2.4.17-pre[12]-ben0 trees hang on unsuspend

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Dec 5 09:52:20 EST 2001

Derrik Pates wrote:

> I've been trying the latest rsync snaps from your kernel tree
> (particularly to fix the time-warp bug that pops up in 2.4.16-ben0), but
> I've discovered that these latest trees cause the iBook FireWire that I'm
> using to hang up when I try to bring the unit out of suspend mode. The
> "sleep" indicator stops pulsating, and the drive spins up - I can hear it
> - but it never wakes up. The backlight never comes on, and typing at the
> keyboard (into a root shell - I was at a console logged in as root when I
> suspended) has no effect, apparently indicating it's really gone.
> Rebooting into 2.4.16-ben0 and suspending still works as normal, so I know
> it's not hardware.

i'm seeing the same, but on 2.4.16-ben0 on a pismo powerbook.
it does not happen every time, but often enough to be almost
unusable.

i *think* it gets triggered when i hit a button immediately after
the screen has blanked. when i wait a couple of seconds until the
suspend led has started blinking, i get the machine back most of the
time.

when it dies, the hd comes up, but the screen remains black. i tried
blind-typing "reboot" in a root shell, but nothing happened. i could
not ssh into the box from outside. there are no ping echos.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany