Call for help: altivec-enabled vlc

Bill Fink billfink at capu.net
Wed Aug 29 16:02:41 EST 2001

> I use this in mpeg2dec (actually a hacked version that I use to play
> videos off my tivo) and Anton Blanchard hacked this into xine. I also
> have altivec-enabled motion compensation routines for libmpeg2.
>
> Hope this is useful...

Most definitely useful!

Could you also post your altivec-enabled MC routines?  And if you
could provide Anton Blanchard's xine patches or a pointer to them,
that would be doubly great.  I don't believe these have been posted
to any of the xine e-mail lists, so I'm not sure where else to look
for them.

						-Thanks

						-Bill