ppc_htab.c again

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Tue Aug 28 04:19:18 EST 2001

Tom Rini wrote:

> Hey all.  I notice paul made ppc_htab.c compile on all arches again.  I'm
> not about to undo this or anything, but I still don't agree with it.

Just look at it carefully.  In the past, on processors without HPTE
the code was almost one big no-op (due to conditional tests, etc.) but
somewhere there were a few sublte generic operations (like tlbie) that
were important to (nearly) all processors.  I often took advantage of
that.  The code would compile, no #ifdef necessary, generic functions
called, and in the end "the right thing" would happen :-).

	-- Dan