2.4.9-ac12 ppc ftr_fixup

Keith Owens kaos at ocs.com.au
Mon Aug 27 15:10:21 EST 2001

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 21:54:36 -0700,
Tom Rini <trini at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
>I guess I should go get some sleep now... __archdata is 8 not 0, but the
>last section I see (insmod -nm ./r128.o > r128.out) is the .bss...

There is no __insmod_modname_S symbol for __archdata.  Use
  insmod -nm -O blob ./r128.o
so insmod writes the binary object to blob.  Because it also uses -n,
the address starts at an arbitrary 0x12340000.  Get the address of
__archdata from the start of the map, and
  objdump -b binary -s --adjust-vma=0x12340000 --start-addr=0x1234xxxx blob
0x1234xxxx is the start address of __archdata.  Alas if __archdata is
all zeroes, objdump dumps nothing, you might have to use a lower start
address to see an all zero section.  However __archdata should not be
zeroes, if it exists.