Occasional crash reports

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Aug 14 02:35:21 EST 2001

I'm getting regular crash reports for which I'm having trouble figuring
out what's going on exactly. Those are with my tree or bk 2_4_devel, but
the problem may be present elsewhere.

So basically, the kernel tends to die in various locations where things
should be just fine, but I did notice one thing: In most of these cases,
I had softirq around in the backtrace (either running in softirqs, or
having do_softirq() in the backtrace). There is one case where I didn't
have it: it dies inside power_save(), so probably because an interrupt
that happened just before messed things up.

I'm wondering if we might be running into some stack overflow...

Any clue ?

Ben.