Clock drift on iBook2

Ethan Blanton eblanton at cs.ohiou.edu
Mon Aug 13 23:38:33 EST 2001

I just realized that I have committed one of the most common open
source sins...  My problem has been solved and I never reported it!

At any rate, for those who don't remember and may wish to know this, I
was having significant clock drift problems on an iBook2 (up to
several seconds/minute).  Ben Herrenschmidt gave me a quick two-line
patch (comment out the via_calibrate_decr check) which worked...
Since then a real fix seems to have gone in, and it works beautifully.
I no longer have to patch my kernel and the clock is stable.

Thanks.  :-)
Ethan

--
If I've told you once, I've told you once
And once is all that you needed.