panic on wakeup in pismo

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Fri Apr 13 16:04:00 EST 2001

All (though moslty aimed at ben I suppose)

I forgot about this when I first saw it two weeks ago, but I just got it
again today.

I am using the 2.4.3-pre7-benh from about three days after ben announced he
had gotten sleep working (I rsynced this source on 29/03/2001 AFAIR)

Anyway with gmac as a module if I modprobe it in, use cat5 network and then
when finished modprobe -r gmac and then put the laptop to sleep. I get a
panic, the laptop does not go to sleep, the glowing apple on the lid stays
lit and the led on the back does not start flashing. If I open the lid again
I see a mon prompt, but I cant type anything into (probably because the
keyboard is already disabled or something)

If I dont remove the gmac module the laptop will go to sleep fine.

I dont have this same problem with the airport module (which is why I dont
see the problem often as I generally use the airport with a cipe link for
any network access from the laptop (yes the WEP stuff is insecure and stupid
when there are better alternatives such as cipe available))

If this has been fixed since just say so and I will try the latest rsync of
benh's kernel tree.

	See You
	    Steve

--