DMASOUND->rev6 (2.4.3)(attn: Xine, MOL, PowerComputing, ibook, Tumbler)

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 00:47:43 EST 2001

On Sat, Apr 7, 2001, Peter wrote:

>> > Nope, I can still kill sound by merely moving the mouse.  Here is the new
>> > line from the console:
>> > Apr  7 03:31:13 like kernel: dmasound_pmac: tx-irq: xfer died - patching
>> > it up...
>> >
>> > ...but sound is dead, along with the player app, just as before.

It's disappointing that the sound won't re-start... (with Kostas' tests - it
_was_ - just from the 'wrong' place).

> Another datapoint: It seems as if I can kill sound more easily when I play
> mp3s that reside on my fast drive -> I can kill it within 30sec from the
> IBM 7200rpm UltraSCSI drive, but it takes a few minutes of playing from
> the Seagate 5400rpm UltraSCSI drive.

Hmmm. I'm getting a bit confused... the disk problem we think we (might)
understand - the mouse one is different, maybe ?

I need to get a report from Kostas - because I don't (think) he has the
mouse problem?

ciao,
Iain.