DMASOUND->rev6 (2.4.3)(attn: Xine, MOL, PowerComputing, ibook, Tumbler)

Iain Sandoe iain at sandoe.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 20:56:06 EST 2001

>>  - fix bug where TX stops when dbdma status comes up "DEAD"
>>    so far only reported on PowerComputing clones ... but.
>>    (PowerComputing clones - NOT TESTED - please let me know what happens).
>
> Nope, I can still kill sound by merely moving the mouse.  Here is the new
> line from the console:
>
> Apr  7 03:31:13 like kernel: dmasound_pmac: tx-irq: xfer died - patching
> it up...
>
> ...but sound is dead, along with the player app, just as before.

damn... so much for the dbdma manual... :-(

what do you _have_ to do to re-start the sound?
kill & re-start the app?
close & re-open /dev/dsp?
un-load & re-load the module?
- or reboot?

can you make sure it's not the app that's stopping?
(or is this equally the case with _any_ app?)

If you have a big-ish file (although it doesn't sound like you need very
big) then my stest program would do to test it... it's *very* simple and
therefore should eliminate lots of other possibilities ;-)

ciao,
Iain.