Xfree86-4.0.1, Lombard, Been There - Done That

Jon Erick Ween jween at som.llu.edu
Fri Sep 29 03:57:20 EST 2000

Using the Config file posted with the changes you recommended, results in a
parse error on the first line, where the server can't handle the "
character. I suppose there might be some problem with the file permissions
that affect how the server reads it (this is why I switched to a more custom
config file to begin with). But in any case, making my config file (which
the server reads without problem) identical to the posted one, the server
still bombs when it can't find the video device. So, there's something
screwy with the device name or memory designation somewhere (kernel, server,
driver, wherever). I'm going to recompile everything (again) just to make
sure that the finished driver has the right settings, but I think it already
does, we'll see.

Jon
--
Jon Erik Ween, MD

Cognitive and Cerebrovascular Neurology

Assistant Professor
Loma Linda University School of Medicine

Director, Stroke Program
Loma Linda University Medical Center