Xfree86-4.0.1, Lombard, Mach64 driver, X-server Crash

Jon Erick Ween jween at som.llu.edu
Thu Sep 28 15:41:07 EST 2000

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <bh40 at calva.net> wrote:
>>Here's a copy of my XF86Config file.
>>
>>Two other minor nuisances:
>>
>>Since using yaboot, my console cursor has disappeared. Is this an OF or a

>>yaboot problem? It's very hard to navigate in vi to edit anything
(.config
>>files for one thing) without a cursor!
>
>Completely ? Or does it appear with different colors depending on the VC
>you are on ? I've seen such bug appear here or there but never took the
>time to track it down...

No colors, no blinking no nothing, just blackness,- apart from the text
that prints out nicely. So, as long as you don't have to go back and insert
(in an editor, eg) things work OK. But, to edit a Config file to get it
back, I don't know exactly what to do. All this is in an attempt to get
XF86-4 to work, so I don't have a GUI "fall-back" ;->

>I suspect an atyfb problem ;)

I had no problem with my 2.2.17 kernel build booting from BootX. atyfb is
generic, right?