MacOS X and yaboot wars.

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Sep 26 19:10:49 EST 2000

> > It's a 27G disk...
> > May be I'll change "Apple_Bootstrap" to "Apple_Boot" ?
>
> i wouldn't then MOSX will think that its it owns this partition and
> who know what it will do to it then.  if its Apple_Bootstrap its less
> likely apple will destroy it randomly since OSX does not know what it
> is.

Does ybin rely on the Apple_Bootstrap type? If not, just call it any way
you like to make MacOS messing with it even more unlikely.

> i very much doubt they reorder the partition table at every boot so
> using the `r' command in mac-fdisk should allow you to reorder the
> table so Apple_Bootstrap is first.

Caution: I've found the reorder option to work in very non-obvious ways
(partitions could only be moved one way IIRC). I'll have to investigate
that in more detail.

	Michael