xf 4.0.0/1 with rage II/rage pro -- should the ati driver work?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Sun Sep 24 04:08:37 EST 2000

On  23 Sep, this message from Michel Dänzer echoed through cyberspace:
>> Also the screen is oddly "wrapped" on the rage II machine with the fbdev
>> driver: I can see the full screen but the virtual edge starts about 75% in,
>> instead of matching the physical edge, and then wraps around.  I don't see
>> this artifact on the rage pro G3.
>
> This is a known problem, which is also kind of fixed in Ani's tree AFAIK. I'm
> currently working with Geert Uytterheuven to get the definite fix.

Is this the already-known problem of handling an offset for the screen
start within the framebuffer memory?

Because I'm experiencing this as well with fbdev, and the problem is the
same for all Apple non-accelerated framebuffers (control, platinum,
valkyrie), AFAICT. So it would be helpful if this problem would get
fixed once and for all. FWIW, no propblem with XF3.x.

Thanks

Michel (the other one)

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |